I am not wearing red today cause I dont have a red shirt but I want universal healthcare, a living wage, maternity leave for all regardless of employment, equal wages, and donald trump to be punched in the fucking face and impeached. Then I want consent mandatorily taught in all schools starting in kindergarten. I want free mental healthcare for all. I want a universal basic income and for women to be equally represented in public life, but I want capitalism smashed and my feminists do not look like hilary clinton or beyonce or any celebrity. I aint doing the dishes until at least 7pm and I aint done em in 2 days. I am going to work cause I do construction and I did school yesterday and I run two small businesses and work for another.
I like to #WearRed when it is the #bloodofmyenemies #pussygrabsback #comeatmebro #InternationalWomensDay #ThisIsUs #rva #anarchist
I have been suuuper busy lately, working with David on our farm, herbal medicine, furniture, and crafts enterprise, The Heathen Homestead.
We are starting seeds for herbAl medicinals we are growing.
We are also gearing up for our first couple events where we will be vendors.
Come see us this Sunday March 12 from 1-4. More about that event at the link:
Listening to NPR makes my hyper aware that all over the world people are being tortured/killed/raped/massacred/imprisoned/enslaved/robbed/etc. Pretty much all over the place all of the time. The fact that we are not currently dealing with that in a civil war/evil dictator type way right now is a goddamned miracle. But we can and should look around us and take lessons and get prepared. Regimes and warring groups all over invade areas, murder/rape/capture etc. There are rampant food shortages, droughts, etc. That is always possible here. Are you preparing your community and family to be more inter- and self sufficient? What are you going to do to protect your loved ones when that day comes? Happy Valentine’s Day yall!
If you are interested in showing financial support, you can do so via purchasing items from my Etsy –
The Heathen Homestead
there are books, earrings, tinctures, and other sorts of things available for purchase!
Also check out our Window Restoration Business – Karnage Creations LLC (I am a licensed contractor, jack of many trades). We can restore your historic windows, paint, etc.
And for the newest upcoming project of a farm, herbal medicine apothecary, and furniture enterprise, our website for the Heathen Homestead.
Thanks for any support you can offer!
I am trying to figure out my post baby plan, but right now that seems to include a revamping of our first business, Karnage Creations LLC. I am a licensed contractor, and the work we like to do is restoring historic windows. We prefer to do larger jobs, more along the lines of being subcontracted in a home renovation project than handman odd jobs. We also do a variety of carpentry, painting, etc. Find out more about Karnage Creations LLC here: Richmond Window Repair
The other business David and I are trying to get off the ground is the Heathen Homestead. This is our farming, herbal medicine, crafting, furniture making enterprise. Our website and etsy are live, and our journey is just beginning. Keep tabs on that project here: The Heathen Homestead
I am thinking this week, in a stereotypical fashion, of things for which I am grateful. I am making a list, because I lurve lists!!! (Insert derpy face here)
- Friends who are good at staying in touch and do so even though I am unworthy and do not reciprocate well
- That inkling of uncertainty creeping into the minds of police and soldiers who are doing oppressive things
- The patience to discuss political issues with people who I disagree with, with the hope to find points of unity and educate along the way
- Water defenders at Standing Rock doing vital work I can not do at this time, fighting against the Dakota Access Pipeline
- Chulainn, my 3 month old baby, who is just so sweet and easy and amazing and has changed my whole world
- My partner David who is willing to navigate this crazy world with me
- Indoor plumbing and similar amenities we take for granted but are not available to many people in the world. Despite my stress and how hard chores feel, I have it easy compared to so many and should always be grateful. I think about Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, India, Egypt right now in particular.
- People who let me bring my baby to jobs
- Plants and their medicine, and the knowledge I have gained this year about their uses which will help me keep myself, my family, and my community happy and healthy
Life has been stressful. Money, custody, divorce, marriage, jobs, moving, chores, broken vehicles, etc. Are some of the things I have to deal with in my life right now. Reflecting on the things for which I am grateful helps me gain necessary perspective and think more optimistically. I have a very good life and I am thankful for it and for all the people who are a positive part of my life.
I have several friends who make a practice of stating 3 things they are grateful each day, and I love that practice! I would encourage anyone who is feeling low to try this. It helps me a lot and seems like a healthy thing to do.