New year new cocoon
Too cold to emerge yet as
2014 was overall an excellent year. I was able to travel to Key West and get a break from the winter. I drove a crazy bus full of dogs to Indiana and back, drove from California to Virginia, spent a week in the mountains, and went on numerous camping trips. I adopted a third dog, Tatertot, and learned to walk 3 pitbulls at the same time. I went to a variety of city council meetings and protests on issues from No Stadium in Shockoe Bottom to #blacklivesmatter to Monroe Park. I lost friends, among them amazing humans Ian Graham, Cayman Mooney, and Birch Wood. I worked, from writing, to editing, to babysitting, to stagehand, to carpentry, and starting my own business so I can work for myself. I supported neat projects my friends started, hosted bands, cooked for food not bombs, wrote zines, went to game nights and played games with friends, went to brunch several times, and held potluck events! I competed semi regularly in poetry events, took an herbal medicine class, made it to the Field Day of the Past and the State Fair! I did a lot of neato things and I can’t even remember all of them!
So here are my plans for 2015!!! I’m trying to set myself up for success by having starting dates and game plans for some of these goals. I’m ready!
1. Save up money using the plan where you match the dollar amount with the week number, so each week you save money, starting with $1 the first week and ending with $52. (more…)
25 Things I Accomplished in 2013
- Went to Puerto Rico and saw lots of friends and had fun
- Went to Key West with family and got to spend time with Marty and had fun
- Went to the beach with Josh to see my grandparents
- Went camping with Josh and the dogs
- Went to the mountains for my birthday to relax
- Went to Boston for Thanksgiving to meet Josh’s family
- Built a back deck on the house
- Built bee hives and put 2 in my backyard
- Wrote my first poetry zine
- Competed in 2 haiku contests
- Supported multiple friends’ campaigns on kickstarter or other similar websites
- Brought lots and lots of food into the neighborhood for free distribution
- Spent a good amount of time at the river
- Had a good relationship with Mitch that ended on good terms
- Met Josh and have that good relationship still
- Learned a ton of carpentry skills
- Started my own website and started writing more
- Got work fixing old windows and built confidence about my ability
- Got a job as Associate Editor at Quail Bell Magazine
- Volunteered with Earth First! Journal, Started writing for Profane Existence
- Went to the March Against Monsanto, the May Day Parade, the March Against Mass Incarceration, the Halloween Parade, and a bunch of Critical Mass bike rides – spent positive time occupying the streets!
- Bought a bus
- Got rid of a bunch of things that I didn’t need
- Built cat houses and started feeding local cats
- Cooked a lot of Food Not Bombs meals, including catering for the People’s Library, RePHRAME, Trans Day of Rememberance, and the Fast Food Worker’s Strike.
And hugely, met and got to spend time with a lot of very different, very awesome people. I learned from everyone. Sometimes it was a learning what not to do, or what to avoid in the future, but hey, now I know. There were some narrowly avoided dangers and potentially really bad things that got rescued, and for that I am ever thankful. If you were a part of my life in 2013, thank you, I hope your 2014 is one filled with self-care and positive thoughts and community engagement.
100 New Years Goals and Resolutions 2014
A combination of simple tasks, lifestyle changes, and things I need to remember to do. Hold me to it yall!
- Get the Truck fixed and running again
- Get the bus fixed and inspected
- Go to Plan-it-x fest in June in Bloomington
- Plant perennial herbs around the property in the spring
Make a Free Little Library for the front of the house Buy plexiglass to make door to finish
- Do 25 sit ups a day (more…)