Shooter. Just another day
No good solution.
I am thinking this week, in a stereotypical fashion, of things for which I am grateful. I am making a list, because I lurve lists!!! (Insert derpy face here)
- Friends who are good at staying in touch and do so even though I am unworthy and do not reciprocate well
- That inkling of uncertainty creeping into the minds of police and soldiers who are doing oppressive things
- The patience to discuss political issues with people who I disagree with, with the hope to find points of unity and educate along the way
- Water defenders at Standing Rock doing vital work I can not do at this time, fighting against the Dakota Access Pipeline
- Chulainn, my 3 month old baby, who is just so sweet and easy and amazing and has changed my whole world
- My partner David who is willing to navigate this crazy world with me
- Indoor plumbing and similar amenities we take for granted but are not available to many people in the world. Despite my stress and how hard chores feel, I have it easy compared to so many and should always be grateful. I think about Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, India, Egypt right now in particular.
- People who let me bring my baby to jobs
- Plants and their medicine, and the knowledge I have gained this year about their uses which will help me keep myself, my family, and my community happy and healthy
Life has been stressful. Money, custody, divorce, marriage, jobs, moving, chores, broken vehicles, etc. Are some of the things I have to deal with in my life right now. Reflecting on the things for which I am grateful helps me gain necessary perspective and think more optimistically. I have a very good life and I am thankful for it and for all the people who are a positive part of my life.
I have several friends who make a practice of stating 3 things they are grateful each day, and I love that practice! I would encourage anyone who is feeling low to try this. It helps me a lot and seems like a healthy thing to do.
I have seen and heard about so many people hurting and depressed and addicted and suicidal lately. Yall the world is a hot mess, but if you are aware of this and it makes you feel all sad and fucked up, then you my friend are part of the solution and the beautiful movement we are building towards something better. Please ask for help, please reach out, please support yourselves and each other. We need every one of you beautiful people. Let’s struggle together. If you are at the end of your rope, come have some of mine. Let’s survive together. Call me or email me or come see me. 804 300 0023 email@example.com 2005 Barton Avenue Richmond Va 23222